Thursday, July 3, 2008

Party weekend!

It turns out I am not a very regular blogger.  I need to work on that.  Unfortunately the bar studying keeps getting in the way.  Well, this weekend you can expect not one but multiple entries from me!  I've got the house to myself here in Portland, just me and the dog, and after my giant rager I am throwing tomorrow (5 kegs, 6 strippers) in honor of liberty and freedom (to drink and strip), I will have nothing to but blog!  And make flashcards, but whatever.

So yeah, just chillin' with the dog.  I decided it would be a good idea to order thai food from the neighborhood place (it was) and to take the dog with me to pick it up (it wasn't).  I couldn't find a place to tie Caddy up outside so I paced in front of the restaurant for 5 minutes figuring out what I should do with him.  Finally, I just stopped this guy who was walking in if he would mind staying outside for Caddy for a few minutes.  He didn't seem to mind, but now I'm worried.  I can see myself having kids and getting overly ambitious about taking them places, and then they get in my way and I have to leave them with a stranger in the parking lot.  Obviously this means I will need a nanny.  And the nanny's name is Stevester and Sarah.  I think I'll let my parents live in the guest house out by the pool in exchange for raising Abra Jr. and Abraham.  

The only exciting thing that has happened to me in the last week was that I met a man and he gave me free Olympic trials tickets!  The I met a man part sounds kind of sketchy.  I should elaborate.  I was talking with some peeps, procrastinating on essay #57, when this man wandering through the law school came up to us and started chatting.  He was a lawyer and was asking about bar studying.  Then all of the sudden he was like, "What do you guys think about the trials being here?"  We said we thought it was pretty cool.  Then he asked if we would go if we had tickets.  I said I definitely would.  He asked me if I promised.  I said yes.  Next thing I know, he's handing me two tickets for the next day!  I was stupid and didn't get his card, or even his name, but I went the next day and the tickets were amazing.  Front row, right on the finish line for all the running events.  Since attending the trials, I am pretty sure I need to become an olympic caliber runner.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.  

For those of you law students not in Eugene, I would just like to let you know how not a big deal the trials being held across the street has been.  I have had no trouble parking and its not noisy at all.  Basically, the only bad things about it are only having one bathroom on the main floor of school and that the library closes at 5.  Actually thats not a bad thing; its an excuse to stop studying.  Which is awesome.  

1 comment:

iSnack2 said...

the olympic trial ticket story would have been much better if it ended with you getting some hot track star's number.